At the 2018 ASGA Chicago Student Government Training Conference, you’ll improve your SG and network with peers amid the beautiful skyline of America’s “Second City.”
In your spare time while attending ASGA Chicago, visit America’s oldest zoo, check out the Monets and other masterpieces at the Art Institute of Chicago, or try a slice of heaven at one of Chi-town’s renowned deep-dish pizza joints. Unwind at a blues club or comedy show to channel your inner Blues Brother, grab a Chicago-style hot dog and a pop from a street vendor, or witness breathtaking views from the top of the Willis Tower.
Any SG leader from any school, no matter what state you’re from, is welcome to attend!
The ASGA Chicago Student Government Training Conference features:
- More than 20 intensive workshops and roundtables designed to address the specific needs of your Student Government
- Workshops for all levels of Student Governments: very evolved and strong SG, new SGs just starting out, and SGs trying to improve
- Experienced and knowledgeable speakers from across the nation, all of whom are former SG leaders/advisors themselves
- Workshops and presentations that directly apply to SG advisors and administrators
- Private consulting by appointment
- Extra built-in time to network and brainstorm with other SG leaders and advisors attending the conference
- Plenty of free-time to experience all that the “Windy City” has to offer
- Personal attention from the ASGA’s passionate and personable presenters who have devoted their lives to serving and supporting collegiate Student Governments
What is the date?
The conference will be held on Saturday, October 20, 2018.
What is the conference location?
The conference is being hosted at Rush University, located at 1725 W Harrison, Chicago, IL 60612, on the 5th floor (Searle Conference Center) of the Professional Building.
If you’re staying at the Marriott Medical Center District hotel, walk to the conference! It’s about 1,000 yards. Take Harrison Street West until you come to the Professional Building. Take the East Entrance next to the Yellow Emergency Call pole. Look for ASGA signs!
You may park in the main garage at Paulina and Harrison streets. The rate is $8 if you show your ASGA Chicago conference update letter that you received by e-mail. This is an enclosed garage with a fourth-floor walkway leading to the Armour Academic Center then to the Professional Building
Parking is also available for $27 in the Wood-Ogden-Jackson lot located at the northeast corner of Jackson and Paulina streets.
Text ASGA at conference ONLY: 352-258-4604
What is the cost?
As low as $219 per person for ASGA members ($100 off!) and $319 for non-members (Register & pay by August 31, 2018 for these Super Early Bird rates). The earlier you Register, the lower the cost! Register six or more and save.
Download the Money Saving Tips flier
What will be the total attendance?
The Chicago Student Government Training Conference is one of the largest Student Government conferences in America each year. Last year, more than 250 student leaders and advisors from 40 institutions in 15 states attended.
What’s included in the registration fee?
- Admission to all workshops, roundtables, and presentations
- Extensive hand-outs
- Free lunch: A boxed lunch on Saturday (choice of sandwich, chips, fruit cup, cookie, drink)
- Free breakfast: A “light continental breakfast” on Saturday (coffee/tea, juice, and a selection of bagels, muffins, and a fruit cup)
- Free private consulting on Sunday morning (one-hour blocks valued at $499 are very limited, so sign up early)
- An “ASGA Conferences Rock!” T-shirt for each delegate from CampusTshirt.com (valued at $15 each)
- Chicago Student Government Training Conference folder, ASGA notepad, ASGA pen
- A 10% discount on ASGA membership for non-members who join within 10 days of the conference
- Discounts on ASGA Store items (leadership books, DVDs, CDs, and more) purchased at the conference
- 35% discount on on-campus SG consultations booked at the conference
- Excellent personal service and attention from the ASGA team