If you’re looking for good food and a good time, here are some popular destinations in the Windy City:
Chicago, like all major cities, offers hundreds of restaurants to choose from.
Chicago Local Faves:
- Francesca’s – Specializing in the cuisine of Rome and the surrounding areas of Tuscany, Umbria, and Lazio
- Massa Cafe – European-style restaurant and cafe
- Mr. Greek – Open 24/7, just a five-minute walk
- Pompeii – Cafeteria-style Italian cuisine
- Quiznos – Quiznos Sub Sandwich Shop offers freshly made sub sandwiches and salads.
- Thai Bowl – Cheap, fast Thai food
Chicago Dining Guides
- Zanie’s Comedy Night Club – 312-337-4027. 1548 North Wells Street
- The Second City – 312-337-3992. 1616 North Wells Street
- G Cue Billiards – 312-850-3170. 157 North Morgan St.
What to See & Do
- Millenium Park – With its unprecedented combination of architecture, monumental sculpture and landscape design, the 24.5 acre Millennium Park has become the crowning achievement for Chicago in the tradition of its original founders.
- Buckingham Fountain – Buckingham Fountain is one of the nation’s finest fountains and a public icon of Chicago.
- Cloud Gate – Cloud Gate is British artist Anish Kapoor’s first public outdoor work installed in the United States. The 110-ton elliptical sculpture is forged of a seamless series of highly polished stainless steel plates, which reflect the city’s famous skyline and the clouds above.
- State Street Shopping – Located in the center of the city, the experience of shopping on State Street is exceptional.
More About Chicago
For more information about things to do in Chicago, contact the Chicago Convention and Tourism Bureau.